Upon seeing the title of this book and glimpsing over the description, I was anxiously awaiting to learn how We the People could Be the People. Proudly, I must say this book is a must have for all believers in the faith and those who may be questioning it. Swain has done a remarkable job exploring how the shifts in America has affected where we are today. She also goes into where it could lead if We the People don't reclaim our country.
Written by an African American woman herself who has lived from poverty up, she has experienced many different settings in her life from divorced woman to not having a formal education. Swain now has five graduate degrees, children of her own, and has taken a stand to reclaim America.
As a parent, I was naturally drawn to this book as I want to know what I can do in regards to raising my children. Swain discusses many important matters such as abortion, same-sex marriage and even discusses traditional values. I love how she incorporates scripture to back up her stance against matters such a previously listed. I was shocked by how many women actually have abortions and was even more shocked at the health concerns related to even having one abortion. I love how she describes children as blessings from God and points that out with scripture. She explains so much about our country's condition so well.
One quote that stuck with me that I loved was when Swain said, "the first casualty of same-sex marriages is the definition of marriage itself." Wow! She talks about what is at stake with gay marriages. I like her quote from C.S. Lewis about biblical marriage and about the changes gay marriages have had on America. I didn't know about the affiliation Girl's Scouts had with Planned Parenthood.
With the alarming statistics and the mention of many unnoticed facts, this book is a great eye opener both politically and spiritually. Parents should own a copy of this book! Voters should read this book! I plan to purchase this book to be given away as gifts. I highly recommend it!
*I reviewed this book for free as part of Thomas Nelson's book reviewer program.
The Importance of Baptism as Christ's Ordinance
2 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment