Thursday, January 7, 2010

My Bucket List

Being 28 years old, I feel as though I have accomplished a lot already in my lifetime. But I still have a Bucket List of things I'd like to complete before I die. Dr.Seuss once said, "Will you succeed? Yes, you will indeed (98 3/4% guaranteed.)"


Do you have a list? I'd like to see it. You can email it to me. If not, it might be good to make one so you can have some goals for your life.


Here is my Bucket List:
  • Visit Ireland. See all the McCabe family spots.
  • Travel in an R.V. for one year to see the U.S.
  • Separate from the R.V. trip, I'd like to have visited all 50 states in my lifetime.
  • Have one more baby. If it's a girl, perhaps name her Lorelei Belle. I'd call her Rory. If it was a boy, he might be Max or Luke. 
  • Visit a Renaissance fair.
  • Walk/Run 1000 miles in one year.
  • Have two miniature Yorkies named King Arthur and Queen Guinevere. 
  • Walk a marathon.
  • Take horseback riding lessons.
  • Ride in a hot air balloon.
  • Visit the Northern Lights
  • See the Eiffel Tower in Paris with Mikey.
  • Visit the Van Gogh museum in Holland.
  • See a Broadway show in NYC.
  • Watch Fantasmic from Walt Disney's old apartment (the seats on the balcony). 
  • Go swimming in the Great Salt Lake, Utah.
  • Visit the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NY.
  • Have lots of great grandkids, possibly great, great grandkids.
  • Have a room in our house someday that is a library, filled with books and comfy chairs.
  • Finish the scrapbooks for the kid's baby albums and pregnancy albums. Only completed Hunter's so far.
  • Read 52 books in one year, one book a week.
  • Read through the Chronicles of Narnia with all the kids.
  • My hope is that I have raised strong, independent children who live to serve God in all  that they do. I would feel at peace if they have accepted Christ in to their lives and that they live for him daily. This also applies to all family members and friends.
Well, this is just a glimpse of my bucket list for now. I'll have to write  more later.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I have a bucket list too I started a couple years ago in which we over lap on some of our ideas...maybe we can do them together! Love you sis

Carrie said...

Ooooh! I'd love it. How about we add something like 40 things we do on our 40th birthday in rendition to the Gilmore girls.

I'm Erin. said...

It's a nice list Carrie. The only one I'd take exception to is swimming in the Great Salt Lake.

We went there on our drive out to Mtn Home. Disgusting! Josh "swam" if you can call it that. You have to walk a mile before it's deep enough to sit in, and the shoreline is covered with bugs. His skin looked so dried out and he had those little brine shrimp all over him.
He complained that his skin hurt for the entire half-mile walk back to where you can shower off.
If you do it, I would recommend a wet suit! ;)

Unknown said...

I can help you with the Salt Lake one, come see us! But ERIN was right about the bugs and salt. Definitely need a wet suit! :) - Desiree

Carrie said...

Good point about the Salt Lake swimming! Perhaps touching it with my finger can count! And yes, we need to come visit you guys, Desiree!