I love cookbooks and when I heard that this one was coming out, I was eager to see it. Having spent some time in the South near Tennessee (military tour), I remembered so many of those great tasting meals I enjoyed at friend's homes. But to be honest, growing up a California girl, I wasn't very familiar with Southern style cooking.
Now I've got a way to learn how to make hush- puppies (something completely new to me until I was stationed out there), pickled eggs, Farmhouse country fried steak, old-fashioned cold slaw, and many others. I was very excited to see a recipe for banana pancakes as I've been introduced to from the Jack Johnson song. Now I can actually make them.
Just recently released, I have a beautiful cookbook with great tasting recipes to complete. From the makers of Jack Daniels comes a cookbook with all the right Southern tasting recipes. While some recipes contain Jack Daniels, there are many that do not.
Many recipes contain stories about that recipe or something related to it. For example, a lady named Mary Ruth Hall who hosted a Boarding House back in 1949 created a recipe called Spaghetti and Beef Casserole. It goes into more detail. Very interesting.
With this cookbook, you are guaranteed to not be disappointed. Not only that but this book is filled with amazing photographs too. If you like Tennessee style cooking, then you will be sure to enjoy this brand new cookbook.
Thank you Thomas Nelson Book Publishers for a chance to review this book.
The Importance of Baptism as Christ's Ordinance
2 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment