The moment I read the back of the book's description, I immediately thought of that t.v. show, Clean Sweep. So many of us could use a "clean sweep" in our homes. With the clutter we continue to accumulate and the constant piles of giveaways we do to the thrift shops, you'd think we'd spend less on stuff and more in other areas. Still, it's a big temptation in our homes to clutter it up.
For us, personally, I know we have a stronghold of materialism. Just a quick glance across the toys scattered in our living room can easily tell others how badly we accumulate them. Then I'll get a newsletter in the mail from companies like Voice of Martyrs where normal people give up everything to go to other countries and preach the gospel of Christ. So lately, we've been working on our spending on material things.
This book is a great start for us as it helps us get on that track of simplifying our lives. Not only does it cover material things but also spiritually too. In a world where everyone is constantly stressed, this book will help a person on the road to becoming stress-free. I like the chapter on Sabbath rest and the importance of using that rest God gives us to free ourselves from daily stress. For those wanting to "clean sweep" their homes and their spiritual lives, this book will help to get you on the right track!
*** I received a free copy of this book to review from Bethany House Publishers.
The Importance of Baptism as Christ's Ordinance
2 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment