Before receiving this book, my thoughts were as follows:
1.) More Christians divorce over non-Christians
2.) Young people are leaving the churches very quickly without returning
3.) Christianity is dying in America
As do most people, I thought these things were true based on articles/magazines, statistics, etc. However, what I've thought to be true is actually not entirely correct. Author Bradley R.E. Wright takes the statistics and the common lies that have been told and shows us through research what is really correct.
Wright takes common Statistics 101 facts such as the gathering of information for these statistics and surveys the different myths. Who are they surveying for these statistics. Are they asking readers from a particular magazine what they think? Are they focusing on one gender of a certain age or are they getting a proper variety of respondents.
Through his research, Wright walks the reader through the many lies we've heard and interprets for us what's really accurate. There is a lot of information and graphs in this books. So it can seem somewhat overwhelming. But reading it a little at a time is very useful. I'm glad that I have the tables and graphs before me to refer to as I make my arguments in the future. I even enjoyed the "report card" for Evangelicals near the back! This is a great book to have on hand!
***I received this book to review for free from Bethany House Publishers.
The Importance of Baptism as Christ's Ordinance
2 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment