After 40 years of surviving a terrible plane crash, Capt. Dale Black has decided to open up and share his story. This is no ordinary story but a story where a man journeys to heaven for a brief moment upon a plane crash where he is the only survivor. At age 19, Black "lived to fly!" Of anything that he wanted to do in his life, he wanted to fly. "Ever since I was fourteen, I wanted to become a commercial pilot- to travel, see the world, wear the uniform, live the adventure. I wanted it all. And I wanted it bad." (p.22)
His adventure wouldn't last long though. It all ended when he became the sole survivor of plane crash. Entrusting two experienced pilots, Gene (a Fresno police officer) and Chuck (a 27 year commercial pilot decided to take a Navajo plane into the air. Unfortunately, they crashed and Black survived. "Because of that crash, a part of me would forever be nineteen. And no part of me would ever be the same." (p.28)
The author continues his story, which had never been told to anyone before the writing except his grandfather. He shares how God restores his soul and gives him a second chance at life. This book is a wonderful narrative that took courage to write. I like how he opens with a different flight where he faces difficulty landing during a missionary trip to Africa. I like how he goes back to that story's flight at the end. The pictures in the book add wonderfully to this story. This was a great read! Thanks Bethany House Publishers for allowing me to review this book for free. And thank you, Capt. Black for sharing your story!
The Importance of Baptism as Christ's Ordinance
2 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment