When I read the title of this book, I knew immediately that I wanted to review it. As a first-year homeschooling mom, I know the challenges that are faced through the process. Many new homeschooling families throw in the towel thinking they don't fit the normal family. While families like the famous t.v. ones, such as the Duggars, seem to have it all together, realistically it's not all easy.
I remember receiving many catalogs in the mail and then the challenge of picking the right curriculum. Then, halfway through the year, I commonly decided to make changes and spend even more money. Not only the issue of curriculum, but also from the appearance of other families, it seems like some families go through their day with ease. It's easy to compare one's family to another.
This book is great for beginners or even those with experience in the homeschooling lifestyle. It covers topics such as socialization, routines/schedules and nurturing the child's heart. I also love the chapter on living in a messy household. I constantly feel like our home looks like a tornado went through it. But the author points out that it makes sense that the home can not look perfectly clean 100% of the day. We are there all day, not to mention the fact that homeschooling supplies are being used throughout the day.
I felt like this book was very uplifting and can be quite useful for those moms who are feeling overwhelmed and discouraged. This comes from an experienced mom who herself says that perfection is not in her home. To the looks of others, her home may seem perfect but she openly admits that she makes mistakes too. And it's okay to make mistakes. This book is a winner and belongs on every homeschooling family's bookshelf!
The Importance of Baptism as Christ's Ordinance
2 years ago



1 comment:
What kind of new tricks did you learn? I need some help!!!! -Desiree
Post a Comment