Being a huge Toby Mac fan, I was excited to get this book he put out. To be honest, I hadn't read any product descriptions or had any familiarity about this book. Upon receiving it, the cover was exciting, stood out, and I was ready to read! One thing I wish would be better about the cover is that it wasn't so thin as it falls off easily. Furthermore, this book has a lot to offer.
Toby Mac has taken stories from fans and various places to offer the reader many short story choices to choose upon. Also throughout the book, Mac displays pieces from his blog and his thoughts about the world today. Reminding me very much of the Chicken Soup for the Soul books, these books are written from other's stories.
In it, you'll find stories of adoption, missionaries, miracles, everyday places and even stories from years ago. These stories are anywhere from 1-5 pages long each making them a quick read. You'll find prayers throughout, one-minute remixes and loads of verses from the Bible. It's well put together with references to each story at the back, complete with book and website references. For someone who enjoys this type of reading or for someone who needs encouragement, this book is for them. It would make a great gift book for others as well.
*** I received this book for free from Bethany House Publishers as part of their book review program.
The Importance of Baptism as Christ's Ordinance
2 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment